The Special Programs Department is comprised of a variety of programs, some financed through the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 and others through district, state, and federal funds. The staff of this division is dedicated to providing services to help schools more effectively develop, implement, and evaluate their plans for the academic success of all children. This website provides information and support accessing and appropriately managing the many resources available.
Vision: Federal and Special Programs will enhance the provision of high quality services, programs, and performance standards that meet or exceed federal and state regulations for students, staff, and schools.
Mission: In pursuit of excellence, the mission of the division of Federal and Special Programs is to provide the highest quality services, programs, and resources to empower all stakeholders to develop professional learning communities to ensure that all students will meet or exceed challenging standards.
Brooks County ISD participates in the following programs under No Child Left Behind...
- Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Part A - Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Educational Agencies
- Part C - Education of Migratory Children
- Preparing, Training, and Recruiting High-Quality Teachers and Principals
- Part A - Teacher and Principal Training and Recruitment Fund and Class-Size Reduction Fund
- Part D - Enhancing Education Through Technology
- Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
- Part A - English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement Act